As Melanesians, We Declare ONE Melanesian People
- We declare that as the Afrikans of the South Pacific Islands, the original inhabitants of the Earth, spanning from Africa, Asia, Europe, Oceania to Americas; the original people that represent the image of the "Creator", by the way of our colour, our worldview, our Melanesian Way, and our hope for the future.
- We declare that we Afrikans in the South Pacific Islands are one: and we call ourselves as "Melanesians". Therefore, we are not West Papuans, Papua New Guineans, Solomon Islanders, ni-Vanuatu, New Caledonians, nor Fijians. Let the world know that we are who we are as we are. We are NOT as you call us, not as you wanted us to be, not as you hope us to be or labeled us to be. As human beings with dignity and integrity, we have the right to self-define and self-determine ourselves, not as what the world tries to figure out, define and determine.
- We declare that our Melanesian home spans from Raja Ampat Islands in West Papua as westernmost part of Melanesia to Fiji and Wallis - Futuna Islands on the easternmost part. We are all one in our origin, descended from one father and one mother, from our one home-island, and we inherit one way of life, and we all have one destiny as a human race.
- We declare that our home-island and home-of-origin is the Isle of New Guinea, where we all came from. At the same time we declare that New Guinea Island is our home-of-destiny, where we all will finally come to at the end of our history, and particularly when when anything bad happens to our smaller island-homes.
- We declare that occupation and exploitation of our islands by un-wanted, un-invited, illegal inhabitants on our New Guinea Island is a gross violation of our collective human rights, and therefore, we will collectively re-claim it back for the sake of ourselves today and more importantly for our future generations.
- Based on Our Melanesian Way, we declare that any foreign interventions and influences into our daily life in various aspects, in the names of religion, modernization, democracy, development, progress, prosperity and wealth are clearly forms of colonialism to conquer, to occupy, that are manipulative, and intended to extract our rich natural resources and destroy our rich cultural and spiritual heritage.
- May our ancestors, our future generations, current generations and those who have died for our cause; May God Almighty protect, nurture and defend us all, bless us all as we declare all these, for the glory and honour of His Name and the security, protection and prosperity of His Creation, the Afrikans of the South Pacific Islands, representing the Afrikans of the world, as part of the global human community.
As One People, One Origin, and One Destiny, we proclaim to the world that this declaration is made based on the awareness of our existence and destiny of our being on this planet Earth, in order to allow our Melanesian Spirit, Culture, and Wisdom to be freely expressed and shared, in order to help our humanity continue its journey form this point of time onward, until time immemorial, in peace and harmony.
Yes, Melanesians or the Black Across the Waters were, are and will always be ONE!